Wednesday 1 August 2007

Victory and photo-ma-graphs

News just in. I just did Maisie Gunn on the Heather Hat. Not groundbreaking I'll admit, but it took some fighting and I'm smug as a bug in a rug. I went down straight after work and lo and behold it pissed down so the finishing holds were wet - bummer cos I'd just worked out the moves! I went for a stroll up to Steall Meadows and went home for tea.

The sun shone as I ate, and, galvanised by a phone call to Jones I decided to head out again to see if the holds had dried. They had! And the sequence worked! Dreamy. Here's a pic of the line, its a sit start from the smaller stones on the ground, then out to the small chalked prow and finishing with a mantle onto the boss/nose.



Here are a few pics from the last few weeks:





Chris surveying Slime Wall on the Buachaille on the eve before our attempt


Chris and I above pitch 1 of Crows Nest Crack, the Buachaille

My new garden: Steall Meadows and Steall Falls



No comments: